About Me

My photo
Lewisville, North Carolina, United States

Monday, October 3, 2011

OLIVE OIL FOR WRINKLES.....

You can take olive oil orally, by eating a green salad with an olive oil and lemon juice dressing. Taking olive oil this way also gives you the benefit of the antioxidants and anti-inflammatories contained in dark green leafy lettuce. There are many other ways to incorporate olive oil into your diet, but putting it on salad is probably your healthiest alternative.

You can also use olive oil topically:
First, steam your face by boiling water, pouring it into a bowl, and then draping a towel over your head to make a steam tent.
Steam for five to 15 minutes.
Massage olive oil into damp skin.

Why It Works

Olive oil is high in monounsaturated fat, which makes up about 25 percent of the fatty acids in the skin. Monounsaturated fat helps the skin to resist damage caused by oxidation. Olive oil is also high in vitamin E, which many health practitioners consider to be the most important fat soluble vitamin in the body. One tablespoon of olive oil contains almost nine percent of the RDA for vitamin E. Olive oil is high in other antioxidants as well, including polyphenols. Olive oil also contains oleocanthal, an anti-inflammatory.

Precautions

No supplement or skin cream can make up for decades of damage done to the skin by poor diet and exposure to the sun. One of the main causes of wrinkles is damage caused by years of sunbathing. If you are worried about skin health, supplements and creams containing antioxidants will help, but it is equally important to eat a nourishing, balanced diet, and drink plenty of water.

Olive oil is well tolerated by most people and generally regarded as safe. If you ingest large quantities of olive oil, it could cause diarrhea. Be sure to use extra virgin olive oil, which has lower acidity than other varieties. If you are using olive oil in cooking, be careful not to overheat it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! I love olive oil! I've recently started using it as a moisturizer on my face because I was noticing that my skin wasn't looking or feeling like it used to. Three nights a week I've started applying virgin olive oil to my face after washing with bar soap and warm water. I leave it on for about an hour and then I simply dab it enough to get the extra oil off and leave it on for the night. Then I wash my face in the morning and my skin always feels amazing!
    I also apply a mask to my hair weekly that's made with olive oil and mayonnaise. I just mix one part olive oil to two parts mayo and then put it onto hair (like a leave-in conditioner) and leave it on for an hour. Then I wash it out and condition like normal. My hair has honestly never looked better.
    Last night was the first time I had seen some of my friends since starting this routine and they couldn't stop complimenting my skin and hair. They thought I was using some expensive product or got a new hair stylist or something. It really works and considering all of it's uses, it's SO inexpensive! Everyone's got to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME !! PLEASE STAY AND LOOK AROUND

Please leave a comment....good or bad